UPDATE: Crews Lake Middle School is no longer on ‘controlled campus’ status, as the suspect that made the threat was located off campus, the sheriff’s office said.
PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — There will be an increased police presence at Crews Lake Middle School in Spring Hill on Wednesday as authorities investigate a possible social media threat against the school.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office sent a Facebook alert about the alleged threat, which they learned of after receiving a tip.
Deputies said the school was placed on controlled campus status and an investiation is ongoing.
“The increased law enforcement presence is out of an abundance of caution,” authorities said.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Coronavirus in Florida: Over 4,000 cases in state, no overnight deaths
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Pelosi: Trump’s downplaying of coronavirus cost American lives
- Mahoning County engineer says flushing wipes can lead to flooded basements