PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a Homosassa woman and her dog were killed early Friday morning after the bike she was riding was struck by a Dodge Ram in Hudson.
The accident happened at the intersection of U.S. 19 and New York Avenue at about 2:45 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the woman, identified as Nora Anne Casson, 35, had failed to obey the pedestrian control signal and was outside of a marked crosswalk when she traveled into the intersection and was hit by a 2017 Dodge Ram that had the green light.
Casson was taken to an area hospital, where she later died.
Troopers say her dog died at the scene.
Charges are pending, according to the FHP’s report.
- Sarasota health care workers among 7,500 getting free tickets to Super Bowl
- Florida taking steps to end ‘vaccine tourism’
- Deputies seek missing, endangered Hillsborough County man
- Why 2nd dose of coronavirus vaccine is more important than 1st
- Publix’s vaccine registration system goes live for Hernando County, runs out of appointments