PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Pasco County woman is accused of stabbing a child in the back at least once with a pocket knife, authorities said.
The attack happened in January at an undisclosed location in New Port Richey. Six weeks later, deputies arrested 38-year-old Evelyn Marie Haus.
Deputies said Haus stabbed the child in the back, leaving them with a 1/2 to 3/4 inch-long laceration that is now a scar.
“The defendant also provided the time frame for when the altercation took place,” the affidavit states. “The victim’s statement was also corroborated by several household members.”
The affidavit does not mention the child’s age or anything about what may have led to the stabbing.
Haus later admitted to stabbing the child, according to the affidavit.
She was arrested for aggravated child abuse on Sunday and booked into the Land O’ Lakes Detention facility.
Further information was not immediately available.
- 6-week-old baby dies of coronavirus in Connecticut
- US Census continues 2020 count despite coronavirus outbreak
- NASA call for astronauts draws 12,000 spaceflight hopefuls
- ‘This is bigger than just hockey’: Lightning’s Ryan McDonagh weighs in on coronavirus pandemic
- Truckers say personal cars making job more difficult during coronavirus pandemic