PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Pasco County woman is facing child abuse charges, accused of beating a 4-year-old with clothes hangers.
Deputies say 38-year-old Teresa White-Fry was in the care and custody of the child last week when the incident happened. The child apparently experienced separation anxiety and started screaming and crying.
The 4-year-old says White-Fry punished him by hitting him with clothes hangers on his legs, thighs and buttocks which left bruises.
During an interview with investigators, White-Fry admitted she tapped the child on the buttock with her hand but denied spanking with a hanger.
Deputies arrested White-Fry for child abuse, stating that the victim’s injuries were consistent with what he said happened.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Plane caught on camera crashing on Clearwater road
- WATCH: Beloved Florida eagles Harriet, M15 incubating new egg
- Florida couple finds dead frog in Waffle House water glass
- FHP troopers to begin patrols in Seminole Heights today
- Sentencing phase begins in Adam Matos quadruple murder case