UPDATE: Both schools have returned to normal operations. The investigation is ongoing, but there is no threat to the schools.
PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say two Pasco County schools are on alert as deputies search for the suspects in a Dade City home invasion.
Pasco High School and the James Irvin Education Center were both placed on “controlled campus” status Friday morning, the sheriff’s office said.
An agency spokeswoman said the suspects in an armed home invasion and robbery are believed to be in the vicinity.
No injuries have been reported thus far and there is no evidence of shots fired, she said.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- For the Culture: Local organization celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by giving to business owners
- Toddler killed in Florida shooting; teen critically injured
- Fans gearing up to cheer on Tampa Bay Lightning for Game 3 of Stanley Cup Final
- Clearwater horse-therapy program needs help getting back in saddle amid pandemic
- Job alert: Alligator hunter wanted for Pinellas County