NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) — A New Port Richey man was arrested for driving under the influence with a 9-year-old boy in the backseat without a seat belt on, the Pasco Sheriff’s Office said.
A deputy pulled over Adrian Morris, 48, Monday around 5:45 p.m. near Starkey Boulevard after his vehicle was observed swaying in the road.
The deputy said Morris smelled of alcohol, had watery eyes, and struggled to maintain his balance.
In the backseat, the deputy found a 9-year-old boy not wearing a seat belt.
Morris reportedly refused to perform the field sobriety test and was resistant with the officer during the arrest.
Morris was charged with a DUI and child neglect.
- Possible explosive device found on North Lido Beach
- LIVE NOW: NAACP reacts after St. Pete police repurpose funding, step back from non-violent calls
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 200 stores
- Mayor helps paint ‘Black Lives Matter’ outside Trump Tower
- Pinellas Schools will require students, staff to wear masks