PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco High School was briefly placed on alert campus status while deputies investigated a shooting nearby on Thursday.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office said one person was injured in a shooting on Stately Oak Street in Dade City, which is not too far from the school.
That person was taken to an area hospital. The extent of their injuries is unknown.
It’s unclear if a suspect is in custody.
As of 10:30 a.m., the school is no longer on alert campus status.
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.
- Early hurricane season forecasts predict a slightly above average season
- 24-year-old Florida man tortured, killed dog before baking it, deputies say
- Another cruise ship with coronavirus victims docking in Florida