PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 61-year-old driver has been cited after hitting a 6-year-old boy who was trick-or-treating on Halloween.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Nicholas Formico, was heading northbound on Starkey Boulevard, approaching Town Avenue, and failed to yield to Dominick Keyes as he walked westbound in a marked crosswalk with flashing lights, and hit the child.
Keyes suffered serious injuries and was flown to Saint Joseph’s Hospital. He has since been released and is recovering at home.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Formico was cited for violation of right-of-way.
Further information was not available.
- Canadian PM Trudeau follows through with bet after Lightning Stanley Cup win
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital re-activates no visitor policy due to rise in COVID-19 cases
- Report of ‘erratic’ person leads officers to dead, partially dismembered woman in Florida apartment
- 20 ways women stole the show in the first week of the 2020 Games
- Walmart requiring vaccination, masks for many employees