PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Teachers in Pasco County rallied on Tuesday afternoon, calling for a safe opening of schools as Pasco County school board members got ready to hold a virtual school board meeting.
Board members are set to discuss the district’s mask requirement among other topics.
The district is offering parents three options: traditional school, My School online, and virtual school.
Parents can call into the 6 p.m. meeting to express concerns during public comment.
Pasco County schools are scheduled to start Aug 10.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- High school quarterback plays through pain of losing parents to COVID-19
- Ed Sheeran has COVID, will do performances from home
- Vaccine mandates create conflict with defiant workers
- Ruling on Florida’s school masking, quarantine policies expected Nov. 5
- UCF study looks to improve recovery after ICU for COVID-19 patients