PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida’s first “snow park” has reopened after being temporarily shut down by Pasco County officials on Thursday.
Snowcat Ridge was temporarily shut down after Pasco County Fire Rescue and Building Construction Services discovered fire, building, electrical and plumbing violations that posed a significant threat to public health and safety.
A Snowcat Ridge spokesperson tells News Channel 8:
“The safety of our staff and guests are our top priority and with these modifications complete, we are looking forward to welcoming guests back to Snowcat Ridge.”
The park which is located in Dade City opened on Nov. 20 and features a a massive snow tubing hill, Alpine Village and a 10,000-square-foot snow-covered Arctic Igloo.
MORE TOP STORIES
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: A cool and breezy day
- St. Petersburg museum on mission to improve Holocaust education statewide
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach Ferris wheel and in community pool to make porn videos arrested again
- Three victims in fiery Hudson crash remembered
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275