PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida’s first “snow park” has reopened after being temporarily shut down by Pasco County officials on Thursday.
Snowcat Ridge was temporarily shut down after Pasco County Fire Rescue and Building Construction Services discovered fire, building, electrical and plumbing violations that posed a significant threat to public health and safety.
A Snowcat Ridge spokesperson tells News Channel 8:
“The safety of our staff and guests are our top priority and with these modifications complete, we are looking forward to welcoming guests back to Snowcat Ridge.”
The park which is located in Dade City opened on Nov. 20 and features a a massive snow tubing hill, Alpine Village and a 10,000-square-foot snow-covered Arctic Igloo.
MORE TOP STORIES
- FBI investigates fire at Colorado pregnancy center as arson
- Mom of 2 dies in ‘catastrophic accident’ in Carolina mountains, officials say
- Tampa gas prices falling twice as fast as national average, data shows
- VIDEO: Coast Guard save 7 after lightning hits boat off Clearwater
- 10 arrested in Oregon ‘Night of Rage’ protest over SCOTUS Roe v. Wade decision