PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office said a suspect is in custody after a SWAT situation in Port Richey.
The agency said police and a SWAT team surrounded a home Sun-Glo Avenue Friday morning after investigators were called to the home to speak to an individual regarding a domestic battery and strangulation case. They urged the public to avoid the area until further notice.
Around 11:45 a.m., deputies said the situation was resolved peacefully and the suspect, 37-year-old Richard Hoskins, was arrested.
Police say Hoskins held a woman against her will.
Police were alerted by a 911 call from a man who identified himself as a mutual friend of the suspect and victim.
“He won’t let her out of his apartment, like, he keeps saying crazy stuff like he’s loading guns,” the caller told dispatch.
Port Richey’s chief of police told 8 On Your Side his officers were familiar with Hoskins from previous domestic disputes.
Hoskins was already wanted for domestic battery. Police say he will likely face additional charges from what happened Friday morning.
- Trump promises to replace Ginsburg with a woman – and soon
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Breezy with passing clouds and a few showers Sunday before drier, less humid air arrives this week
- Dallas Stars beat Lightning 4-1 in Game 1 of Stanley Cup
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Cash App scheme could wipe out your bank account