CRYSTAL SPRINGS, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida man has been charged with a felony after deputies say he dumped a bucket of cow manure on a person.
Pasco County deputies arrested 47-year-old Jose Ramirez-Callejas on Wednesday evening at Spoto’s Dairy in the Crystal River area. According to an arrest report, Ramirez-Callejas is an employee at the dairy farm.
Deputies say Ramirez-Callejas intentionally threw the cow manure on the victim against the victim’s will. According to the arrest report, he scooped the cow manure into a bucket and dumped it over the victim’s head.
During an interview, deputies say Ramirez-Callejas admitted to throwing the cow manure on the victim. Deputies also noted in the arrest report they noticed cow manure on the victim’s forehead and leg. The report does not mention why the manure was dumped on the victim.
Ramirez-Callejas was arrested and charged with felony battery. The arrest report says he was previously convicted of battery in Hillborough County in 2017.
LATEST PASCO COUNTY NEWS:
- Florida coronavirus: Resident deaths surpass 25K as state reports 13,719 new cases
- Florida coronavirus: State adds 12,873 new cases, 350 new hospitalizations
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 1.6 million cases, 454 new hospitalizations
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,816 new cases, 308 new hospitalizations
- Snowcat Ridge, Florida’s first snow park, closing for season