PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Holiday man who allegedly called 911 because he was lonely has been arrested.
The 55-year-old was recorded calling emergency services 22 times between Wednesday and Thursday, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.
He “admittedly told Fire Rescue on several occasions he did not have a medical emergency and only contacted 911 because ‘he was lonely and needed someone to talk to,'” the arrest report states.
The man was warned several times that he would be arrested if he continued to call 911 without an emergency, according to the report, but he called again.
He was arrested for misuse of 911 system and booked into the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center.
To reach a deputy for a non-emergency, you can call the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners Consolidated Communications Center at 727-847-8102. Call other law enforcement services toll free at 1-800-854-2862
- Tampa Bay woman will be first contestant with autism to compete in Miss Florida
- Baby dies after being left in hot car for 16 hours
- Hudson mom holds intruder at gunpoint waiting for deputies to arrive
- Family: 12-year-old took Uber to Orlando parking garage, jumped to her death
- Plans unveiled for 34-story luxury condominium tower in downtown Tampa
- Company offering $1K to person who uses flip phone for a week
- WATCH: Raccoon hangs out car window in Homosassa