WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco County deputies have found and arrested the man suspected of robbing the Helzberg Diamonds store at the Tampa Premium Outlets in Wesley Chapel.
The crime happened on Jan. 19, however, deputies arrested the suspect on Jan. 25.
According to the Department of Justice, 28-year-old Michael Snyder was arrested and charged with using a firearm during and in relation to the armed robbery of several jewelry stores.
A complaint filed against Snyder said he committed armed robberies of two jewelry stores, a Zales in Hillsborough County on Dec. 31 and a Helzberg Diamonds in Pasco County on Jan. 19. During each of the robberies, Snyder stole more than $100,000 in jewelry.
The DOJ said a search warrant was executed on Jan. 27 on Snyder’s home and car. Federal agents and deputies from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office found a firearm and clothing that matched the clothing worn during the robberies.
Law enforcement officers also received fingerprints from Synder which matched a print found following the Zales robbery.
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail
- Lightning one win away from Stanley Cup title after overtime win
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Warm and humid weekend with scattered PM storms
- Friday Night Blitz: Largo Packers vs Palmetto Tigers