LAND O LAKES, Fla. (WFLA) — Fire rescue officials say a medical helicopter had to be called in Pasco County on Wednesday evening when a grill exploded in a man’s face.

According to Pasco Fire Rescue, the man was trying to light a propane grill when it exploded. The burn incident happened around 7:30 p.m. on Calla Lilly Drive.

Fire rescue officials say firefighters who responded to the scene decided to call a medical helicopter to bring the man to the hospital due to his burns.

Pasco Fire Rescue did not say what exactly caused the explosion.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates and download the free News Channel 8 app to receive breaking news alerts.