HUDSON, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a 21-year-old Florida man was so angry about losing several thousand dollars in a card game that he set the other man’s car on fire with him inside.
A Pasco County Sheriff’s arrest report says the victim was burned beyond recognition after playing cards with Michael Psilakis in October. Investigators haven’t released the victim’s name, citing Marsy’s Law, a state constitutional amendment designed to protect crime victims.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the investigation began when the victim was reported missing.
A witness told investigators he’d played cards with the pair and Psilakis lost $3,500. The witness said Psilakis asked him whether he should kill the victim.
Psilakis is charged with murder. He’s being held without bond. Records don’t list an attorney who could be contacted to comment for Psilakis.
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Saturday afternoon briefing
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.
- Early hurricane season forecasts predict a slightly above average season