PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 19-year-old from Colorado was killed when his car went off the roadway and hit a sign for an entrance ramp on Interstate 75 in Pasco County, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The crash happened shortly before 1 a.m. in the northbound entrance ramp to Interstate 75 at State Road 52 in San Antonio.
According to the FHP, Ernest Crownover of Eaton Colorado was heading west on State Road 52, approaching the interstate when for unknown reasons, his car left the roadway and collided with the entrance ramp sign on Interstate 75.
Crownover died at the scene.
The crash closed one lane of the roadway, but it has since reopened.
Further information was not available.
- Earth Week: Saving water saves planet – and money, Tampa Bay conservationist says
- Queen Elizabeth marking 95th birthday in low-key fashion
- Super League collapses after 6 English clubs withdraw, including Glazer-owned Manchester United
- Jury reaches swift verdict for Derek Chauvin in George Floyd death: Guilty
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Decreasing clouds and humidity today