PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 19-year-old from Colorado was killed when his car went off the roadway and hit a sign for an entrance ramp on Interstate 75 in Pasco County, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The crash happened shortly before 1 a.m. in the northbound entrance ramp to Interstate 75 at State Road 52 in San Antonio.
According to the FHP, Ernest Crownover of Eaton Colorado was heading west on State Road 52, approaching the interstate when for unknown reasons, his car left the roadway and collided with the entrance ramp sign on Interstate 75.
Crownover died at the scene.
The crash closed one lane of the roadway, but it has since reopened.
Further information was not available.
- 30-year-old drowns while snorkeling in ‘Blue Sink’ spring in Palm Harbor
- Florida unemployment network creates ‘social media meal train’ to feed those still struggling on Thanksgiving
- Tampa kid with 2 failing kidneys desperately in need of a donor
- Disney announces more layoffs as Polk County’s unemployment rate begins to rebound
- Madeira Beach family homeless on Thanksgiving after Tropical Storm Eta