NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) - Troopers say they are searching for a white pickup truck after a bicyclist was killed by a hit-and-run driver in Pasco County.
The crash happened around 5:45 a.m. Sunday near Rowan Road and Massachusetts Avenue in New Port Richey.
Troopers say 46-year-old Shawn Michael Grady was riding his bike south on Rowan Road when a truck headed in the same direction hit him.
According to the FHP report, Grady was under the influence of alcohol at the time. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
Troopers say the driver of the truck then left the scene. Based on parts left at the scene, investigators believe they are looking for a white Toyota Tundra.
Anyone with information is asked to call *FHP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Massachusetts pickup truck driver cited for playing real life Tetris
- PACE financing practices come under fire from Hillsborough commission after 8 On Your Side report
- Sheriff criticizes Sarasota County Schools' security plan
- Suspects empty vacuum box, stuff it with Blu-Rays, Playstation devices at Wesley Chapel Walmart