NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The man accused of raping a 6-year-old girl in New Port Richey faced a judge last week.
Pasco County sheriff’s deputies said a family member caught Terelle Cole Jr., 25, sexually battering the little girl in March. He had his first pretrial hearing on Friday.
Cole’s right to a speedy trial was waived. His next court date is September 26.
Supporters of the victim did not want to speak on camera but told News Channel 8 they want harsh punishment for Cole. The girl’s aunt wants him to be castrated for the crime he’s accused of committing.
Cole ran but was later located after investigators collected physical evidence and spoke to witnesses, according to deputies.
He has pleaded not guilty.
- Game over: Hasbro ditching plastic packaging for toys, games
- Water found in gas pumps at Circle K in South Tampa
- Escaped Georgia inmate wanted in Lakeland man’s homicide found dead
- Opening statements to begin in Clearwater parking spot shooting death trial
- Trump acknowledges China policies may mean US economic pain