NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The man accused of raping a 6-year-old girl in New Port Richey faced a judge last week.
Pasco County sheriff’s deputies said a family member caught Terelle Cole Jr., 25, sexually battering the little girl in March. He had his first pretrial hearing on Friday.
Cole’s right to a speedy trial was waived. His next court date is September 26.
Supporters of the victim did not want to speak on camera but told News Channel 8 they want harsh punishment for Cole. The girl’s aunt wants him to be castrated for the crime he’s accused of committing.
Cole ran but was later located after investigators collected physical evidence and spoke to witnesses, according to deputies.
He has pleaded not guilty.
- Tampa Bay electric companies see rise in power usage, increase to continue as days get warmer
- Florida unemployment: Gov. DeSantis addresses filing issues amid coronavirus pandemic
- Trump admin moves toward promoting broader use of face masks
- Florida coronavirus: Gov. DeSantis suspends foreclosures and evictions for 45 days
- Nursing home resident writes heartwarming letter to students