PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Pasco and Pinellas County health officials warned residents about fake vaccine registration accounts after discovering Monday that someone was charging for registrations.
The health departments said they discovered someone created a fake Eventbrite account to register people for COVID-19 vaccinations.
“You should NOT be charged to register,” the the counties said. “Registration is FREE.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- TGH urges COVID vaccinations, sees trend of younger patients being unvaccinated
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccines show likely link between rare heart inflammation in young people, CDC group says
- 153 Texas hospital workers were fired or resigned after refusing COVID vaccine
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- WHO: Children shouldn’t be vaccinated for COVID-19 right now