PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Pasco and Pinellas County health officials warned residents about fake vaccine registration accounts after discovering Monday that someone was charging for registrations.
The health departments said they discovered someone created a fake Eventbrite account to register people for COVID-19 vaccinations.
“You should NOT be charged to register,” the the counties said. “Registration is FREE.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- CVS opens additional COVID-19 vaccine locations around Tampa Bay
- Big teacher turnout expected at Hillsborough vaccine sites
- More Tampa businesses could have liquor license suspended for violating mask ordinance
- Michigan makes homeless people vaccine-eligible
- Florida coronavirus: 4,098 new cases, 63 new deaths reported Sunday