PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver is recovering in the hospital after crashing into a pole on Wednesday night, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
The crash happened on County Line Road, just east of Kelly Road at about 5:15 p.m.
According to troopers, Penelope Morman was heading east on County Line Road when for unknown reasons she traveled onto the grass shoulder, and her Cadillac CTS vaulted off of a culvert.
Troopers said the car went airborne before crashing into two guy wires and a utility pole.
Morman was rushed to Bayonet Point Regional Medical Center to be treated for her injuries, which are said to be non-life-threatening.
She was also cited for careless driving.
- Local event planner creates game to encourage residents to try, support new restaurants while stuck at home
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages