NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – Police said a driver hit one of their patrol cars as they were investigating a fatal crash in New Port Richey overnight.
The first accident happened on U.S. 19 near Main Street at about 1:30 a.m.
Police said a driver was heading northbound and struck a 39-year-old pedestrian who died at the scene.
Further information regarding that crash was not available.
After law enforcement blocked off the area and began investigating the crash, police say a 24-year-old woman drove her car through some cones and hit a patrol car, then a light pole. She was not hurt.
It’s unclear if she is facing charges. The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the incident.
- Raptors’ virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Oldsmar country club
- Cuomo asks state AG to investigate sexual harassment allegations against him
- Crowds rush Clearwater Beach for the first unofficial day of Spring Break
- Nigerian families await news of 300 kidnapped schoolgirls