NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Pasco County man is facing charges after deputies say they caught him chasing a bicyclist and throwing an empty beer can at the person.
Pasco County deputies say they were called to Lake Drive near Marley Avenue in New Port Richey on Saturday night for a person causing a disturbance. When deputies got the scene, they did not see anyone but stood by to monitor the area from a distance.
Deputies say they spotted a bicyclist riding down Lake Drive around 11:30 p.m. and then witnessed another man chasing the bicyclist.
According to an arrest report, 43-year-old Joseph Peeters chased the bicyclist a short distance and threw an empty beer can at him.
Deputies then spoke with Peeters at his nearby home. The arrest report says he was already drinking another beer and appeared drunk.
Peeters was arrested for assault and disorderly intoxication and was taken to the Pasco County Jail.
LATEST PASCO COUNTY HEADLINES:
- 2 hospitalized after crash on Seven Springs Boulevard; road closed
- Retired NYPD detective reflects on helping rescue crews after 9/11
- ‘Your mind runs wild with possibilities’: Pasco Co. father of 4 goes missing after dropping daughter off at FSU
- Remembering 9/11: List of memorial events across Tampa Bay
- Scream-A-Geddon returns to Dade City with spooky new attraction