PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Port Richey man died Thursday after he was struck by a car on U.S. Highway 19.
The incident happened in the northbound lanes of the highway at Johnson Road.
The Florida Highway Patrol said David L. Hachem, 64, was walking across travel lanes and got hit after he walked into the path of a 2005 Isuzu Trooper that was heading northbound.
Hachem suffered serious injuries and died at the scene.
Witnesses said the impact knocked Hachem out of his shoes and caused major damage to the vehicle.
The driver’s son told WFLA that Hachem hit the windshield and went over the SUV.
“We were going to go to Walmart to get some groceries, and we were driving and didn’t see the guy until he hit the car,” Jacob Shuman said.
Charges are pending, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Extra security at Fivay High School after teacher brings gun on campus
- Family searching for mystery man who gifted 11-year-old with Mahomes jersey at Arrowhead
- Officials investigating fire at vacant home in Clearwater
- PHOTOS: Hard Rock Stadium transformed for Super Bowl LIV
- Joe Montana headlines QBs with ties to 49ers, Chiefs