DADE CITY, Fla. (WFLA) – One person is dead after a horrific crash on U.S. 301 in Pasco County just before 7 p.m.
A smoky scene on U.S. 301 north of Dade City; Florida Highway Patrol was investigating a fiery crash.
“He was swerving back and forth. He almost hit two other vehicles before he struck this one. When he struck it I could feel it,” says Dawson Goss.
He is just one of several witnesses who say a dark-colored SUV crossed the median from southbound 301 into northbound lanes and was t-boned.
“The guy in the silver truck was ok. When I got to him he was conscious. He had his seatbelt on so we were trying to help him unhook his seatbelt,” says Danielle Olney who was in a car behind the crash.
It was a different story for the driver of the SUV.
“Once the impact happened the front of his truck caught on fire so we were really worried about getting him out,” says Olney. “I said, he sir, can you hear me. He was unresponsive.”
That’s when a young hero jumped to action; pulling the man out and throwing him over his shoulder.
“It’s just the way I am. It’s hard to see something like that and they can’t do anything about it so you just have to do it yourself,” says Goss.
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for suspect in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips
- Ex-officer charged with murder after firing into window, killing Texas woman