PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Dade City man was killed in a fiery crash on U.S. Highway 301 Tuesday night, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The crash happened in the area of U.S. Highway 301 and Primo Drive shortly before 6:30 p.m.
FHP investigators said the man, 40-year-old Fernando Hernandez-Lara, was heading south on the outside lane of the highway when he lost control of his Chevrolet HHR.
The vehicle traveled across a center grass median and hit a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado that was traveling in the opposite direction.
The Chevrolet HHR became engulfed in flames and Hernandez-Lara died at the scene.
The other driver was taken to Lakeland Regional Health to be treated for minor injuries.
Investigators have not determined whether alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Scattered downpours develop on the sea breeze
- Beloved Tampa Bay doctor dies from COVID-19 complications, said he ‘just wanted to get back to his patients’
- Halloween canceled? Not so fast! Spirit Halloween opening stores
- Hernando County fire crews battling 185-acre brush fire
- Dr Pepper addresses soda shortage at grocery stores