NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – A serious crash shut down State Road 54 in New Port Richey for several hours early Wednesday morning.
The crash happened on State Road 54 near Mitchell Ranch Road around 1:31 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the driver of a Honda Civic failed to negotiate a curve and traveled over a median into the eastbound lanes of the roadway, where it hit a Mack truck nearly head-on.
The driver of the Civic suffered serious injuries and was taken to Bayonet Point Hospital. Their current condition is unknown.
The driver of the Mack truck was not injured.
Troopers say debris from the accident hit an unoccupied vehicle that was parked in the median.
All lanes of the highway have since reopened.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Husband used missing wife’s ballot to vote for Trump in 2020
- Busch Gardens drops mask requirement for vaccinated guests
- Disney, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Universal Orlando change mask requirements for guests
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Fantastic weekend ahead with low humidity
- Rep. Greene’s combative behavior could spark ethics review