DADE CITY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 7-year-old boy is dead and a 2-year-old has serious injuries after an ATV crash in Dade City on Fourth of July night.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say the crash happened just after 8 p.m. in a grass field on Powerline Road.
According to troopers, the 7-year-old boy was driving the ATV – a Kawasaki TERYX4 – with five passengers when it flipped over.
The 7-year-old was rushed to a nearby hospital where troopers say he later died.
All five passengers on the ATV were also injured, troopers say. An FHP crash report says a 27-year-old man, two 34-year-old men and a 4-year-old girl suffered minor injuries. The crash report says a 2-year-old boy suffered serious injuries.
No one on the ATV was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, according to the FHP report.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- 3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday scams to watch out for
- DNA links death row inmate to cold case murder of Florida mom
- Walmart Black Friday: See the deals that start this week
- Celebrate the season: How Santa’s helpers are opening their homes to animals