PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol says a teenager was fatally injured in a crash in Hudson on Monday.
The crash happened around 11:30 p.m. in the southbound lanes of U.S. Highway 19 near Sea Ranch Drive.
According to the report, Edward Perez, 18, of Port Richey was heading south in a 1997 Toyota Corrolla when he lost control of the vehicle, which went over the median and struck a GMC Denali.
Perez suffered serious injuries and died at the scene.
The driver of the Denali was not hurt.
No charges are pending, according to the report.
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.
- Early hurricane season forecasts predict a slightly above average season
- 24-year-old Florida man tortured, killed dog before baking it, deputies say
- Another cruise ship with coronavirus victims docking in Florida