PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 17-year-old Pasco County teen died of COVID-19, health officials reported Saturday.
The death count increased by 40 Saturday, bringing the death toll to 3,144. Of the 40 deaths reported was a 17-year-old Pasco County boy.
Health officials said the teen did not contract the virus by traveling, and it is unknown if he came in contact with a confirmed case.
According to the Florida Dept. of Health, there have been 17 coronavirus-related deaths in Pasco County.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- COVID behavioral impacts increased risk of infant neurological disorders, study says
- Manatee commissioner settles ethics case tied to exclusive vaccine clinic in Lakewood Ranch
- Where is pi, the next variant of COVID-19?
- Judge orders NYC to reinstate workers fired for not complying with COVID vaccine mandate
- The main COVID symptoms have changed, research shows