PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 17-year-old Pasco County teen died of COVID-19, health officials reported Saturday.
The death count increased by 40 Saturday, bringing the death toll to 3,144. Of the 40 deaths reported was a 17-year-old Pasco County boy.
Health officials said the teen did not contract the virus by traveling, and it is unknown if he came in contact with a confirmed case.
According to the Florida Dept. of Health, there have been 17 coronavirus-related deaths in Pasco County.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Raptors’ virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off
- Johnson & Johnson’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- 4,000 seniors to get vaccinated in Sarasota over the weekend
- Florida surpasses 1.9M total COVID-19 cases since beginning of pandemic