PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 17-year-old Pasco County teen died of COVID-19, health officials reported Saturday.
The death count increased by 40 Saturday, bringing the death toll to 3,144. Of the 40 deaths reported was a 17-year-old Pasco County boy.
Health officials said the teen did not contract the virus by traveling, and it is unknown if he came in contact with a confirmed case.
According to the Florida Dept. of Health, there have been 17 coronavirus-related deaths in Pasco County.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Bills WR Cole Beasley rather retire than follow NFL COVID rules
- President Biden encourages vaccinations as US looks to miss July 4 target
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Court rules in favor of Florida against conditional sail order
- Florida unemployment up in May, still below national rate
- Biden to announce 300M COVID-19 shots given in 150 days