PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 17-year-old Pasco County teen died of COVID-19, health officials reported Saturday.
The death count increased by 40 Saturday, bringing the death toll to 3,144. Of the 40 deaths reported was a 17-year-old Pasco County boy.
Health officials said the teen did not contract the virus by traveling, and it is unknown if he came in contact with a confirmed case.
According to the Florida Dept. of Health, there have been 17 coronavirus-related deaths in Pasco County.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Manatee County commissioners vote to repeal mandatory mask mandate
- Disney forced to lay off 28k employees as pandemic hits theme park business
- Florida publishes coronavirus data tracker for schools across the state