PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 17-year-old Pasco County teen died of COVID-19, health officials reported Saturday.
The death count increased by 40 Saturday, bringing the death toll to 3,144. Of the 40 deaths reported was a 17-year-old Pasco County boy.
Health officials said the teen did not contract the virus by traveling, and it is unknown if he came in contact with a confirmed case.
According to the Florida Dept. of Health, there have been 17 coronavirus-related deaths in Pasco County.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida facing severe staffing shortage at school districts across the state
- Cities, police unions clash as vaccine mandates take effect
- Tampa businesses prepare as cruises set sail for first time since start of the pandemic
- Florida reports 18,807 new COVID-19 cases, drop in vaccinations
- Gov. DeSantis’ office doubles down on vaccine passport penalties, Leon County stands by vaccine requirements