A Melbourne police officer has been arrested for soliciting a prostitute while on duty, police say.
According to the Melbourne Police Department, Officer Shawn C. Archbold was arrested Wednesday night.
The department said the arrest comes after a four-month undercover investigation into the allegations.
Police said Archbold offered a prostitute $40 for sex while he was on-duty.
Archbold was suspended without pay and the department is working through the due process procedures to terminate his employment, police said.
(H/T: WESH)WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Teacher arrested for sex with student days after wife booked on similar charge
- Vehicle crashes into pond, search on for people inside
- Mom orders angelic photos of herself with child she’s accused of murdering
- 14-month-old girl dies following dental visit
- Three arrested in Spice bust at Tampa drive-thru alcohol store
- Police: Drunk woman let sex offender tattoo her kids
- WATCH: Three women arrested after video captures riverbank beating
- Woman calls 911 after pizza order error
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines