SCHUYLER, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a 3-year-old Nebraska boy has died after a car power window closed on his neck.
Colfax County Attorney Denise Kracl said Monday that 3-year-old Everton Isay Romero Romero was pronounced dead Friday at an Omaha hospital. Kracl says Everton never regained consciousness after the window closed on him April 15 outside a store in Schuyler, where he lived.
She says it’s unclear how the window button was activated in the parked car. Everton’s mom had powered the rear window down. Investigators couldn’t determine how long the window was closed on the boy’s neck.
Kracl says no autopsy was performed because there’s no evidence any law was violated. She says the boy’s mother “acted appropriately the entire time.”
Schuyler is about 60 miles northwest of Omaha.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Parents call for Pinellas principal’s resignation after controversial comment
- Man arrested for tracking teen and traveling to meet her in Sarasota
- Officials: ‘Happy Days’ star Moran likely died from cancer
- Man charged with murder after girlfriend found dead in Tampa apartment
- Woman arrested for DUI after car bursts into flames in Tampa
- Elizabeth Thomas’ sister speaks for first time since her return
- PUPPY CAM! Watch mama Larceny and her 10 puppies