GOLDSBORO, NC (CNN) — A North Carolina police officer is going viral after he was pictured sharing a moment of compassion with a person in need.
Officer Michael Rivers, of the Goldsboro Police Department was on his lunch break when he came upon a homeless woman wearing a shirt that read “Homeless: The fastest way of becoming a nobody.”
He asked her if she’d eaten, to which she replied no.
Rivers told CNN, “God put it on my heart to get her lunch.”
He got pizzas at a nearby restaurant and for 45 minutes he ate and talked with the woman, who said her name was Michelle.
A passerby snapped a picture of the heartwarming moment and posted it to Facebook.
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- Pasco County adds 4 vaccination clinics for residents 65+; registration opens at 2 p.m. Sunday
- Harris to be sworn in by Justice Sotomayor at inauguration
- Coast Guard helps rescue woman, 2 dogs from boat taking on water near Shell Key
- Dr. Dre back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment