VOLUSIA COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – A man shopping at a Walmart in Volusia County came back to his car to find an offensive note on the Marine sticker, WESH Orlando reported.
The sticker says “My son is a Marine.” According to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, the man found the note on his window and called the sheriff’s office to report it.
The note said “F… you and your son I hope he dies!”
According to VCSO, when the man called to report it he was crying. The sheriff’s Facebook post said that they can’t undo the message but they will use this opportunity to thank everybody who’s served and serving our country.
The post said:
We can’t undo the message, and we almost hate to share it, but we decided we could use it as an opportunity to say thank you. Please join us.
To this man in Deltona, to anyone who’s served or is serving our country, and to all the families who sacrifice precious months and years with a loved one: THANK YOU and your son, daughter, husband, wife, relative or friend for what you’ve given us. We hope each and every man and woman comes home safe, although we know our world is not a safe place, and not everyone gets that homecoming. Our families are veteran families, too. We can’t put a note on every windshield, but we can say it here: We respect you, we support you and we’re here for you at home.
The post has been shared more than a thousand times.OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines