PRINCETON, NJ (WFLA) – An offensive photo is spreading on social media and prompting school officials in one New Jersey community to meet with some parents and students.
The controversy involves Princeton High School and centers around a photo that was posted on the social media site SnapChat. The photo, which began circulating on social media earlier this week, appears to show students playing a version of beer pong apparently called ‘Jews vs. Nazis,’ NBC10 reported.
It shows a number of individuals around a ping pong table. On the table, red cups have been arranged in a Star of David. On the other side of the table, white cups have been arranged into a swastika. In the middle, a row of beer cans divides the two sets of cups.
According to the blog Planet Princeton, “The ‘Jews’ are allowed to hide one of their cups as the ‘Anne Frank’ cup and the ‘Nazis’ are allowed to “Auschwitz’ their opponents, meaning one of their players must temporarily sit out.”
Princeton Schools Superintendent Steve Cochrane said in a statement to NBC10 that he’s deeply upset by the anti-Semitic overtones and underage drinking.
“An incident such as this one forces us to take a hard look at our efforts in educating our children in the values that may be most important to their success in life,” the statement read in part.OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines