MIAMI (AP) — Bail has been denied for a South Florida corrections officer accused of kidnapping and raping a woman he was supervising on house arrest.
A judge on Saturday ordered Yulian Gonzalez held on no bond.
Local media reports the Miami-Dade corrections officer has been charged with four counts of armed sexual battery and four counts of armed kidnapping.
According to prosecutors, the victim was on house arrest when Gonzalez, who was her case manager, threatened to put her in jail if she did not comply with his sexual demands.
There were no online court records for Gonzalez, so it was unknown if he had an attorney.
- ‘Bernie mittens’ sell out hours after Inauguration
- Deputies: Child dies after being left alone in bathtub by Plant City elementary school teacher
- Biden signs 10 virus orders, requires masks for travel
- Florida coronavirus: State adds 12,873 new cases, 350 new hospitalizations
- Bills among the NFL’s 4 defenses peaking in the postseason