(CNN) – The National Hockey Leagues’s Colby Cave has died. The 25-year-old had suffered a brain bleed.
His wife, Emily Cave, posted the news on Instagram Saturday, hours after his death.
She says family members are in shock.
Cave was a forward for the Edmonton Oilers.
His death comes days after doctors removed a colloid cyst that was putting pressure on his brain. Doctors then put him in a medically induced coma.
Emily Cave says she and Colby’s parents weren’t able to visit him in the hospital due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Jason Aldean’s ‘Back In The Saddle’ tour coming to Tampa in October
- Former Clearwater police chief inducted into Florida Law Enforcement Officers Hall of Fame
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- Police: Missing Texas tiger has been found safe, healthy
- Janet Jackson’s ensembles from ‘Scream’ video sold for $125K