(CNN) – It looks like something straight out of a James Bond movie, but this concept might just signal that the future of superyachts is sub-aquatic.
Dreamed up by Italian-based naval architect Elena Nappi, the hybrid vessel can travel on both the surface of the sea and underwater.
The vessel is known as the “Carapace” and submerges to a depth of 985 feet for up to 10 days at a time, offering amazing views of marine life.
At present, the Carapace is merely a concept and Nappi predicts it will be a long while before anything like it hits the waters.
- Live Game Updates: Tampa Bay Buccaneers host Carolina Panthers in home opener at Raymond James Stadium
- Buccaneers open season at home without fans
- Oldest living Marine celebrates her 107th birthday
- Man, 21, charged with DUI manslaughter after deadly crash at US-92 red light
- U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says