ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — With heralding trumpets, Princess Anna and Queen Elsa, from the popular Disney movie ‘Frozen’, move gracefully into position to meet guests at the Norway pavilion at EPCOT.
Their presence is just a hint of things to come as Disney is hard at work building a major expansion of the area to provide a whole new guest interaction experience with the characters of Frozen.
“So when you want to come meet them, get your photo taken, get a hug, this will be the place to come,” said Melissa Valiquette the Vice President of EPCOT at Disney.
The new attraction will be opening this summer.
Valiquette says the expansion is designed to look like an authentic Norwegian village.
“Our imagineers have traveled to Norway and recreated many of the buildings and facilities and facades modeled after famous buildings and just some summer cabins that they found in Norway,” said Valiquette.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is also seeing some major changes in time for summer.
Disney is opening up the park for a whole new night time guest experience.
“The Tree of Life will actually come alive in the evening. All of those animal carvings on the bark of the tree, those spirits come alive at night with light and sound. I think our guests are really going to enjoy it in the evening,” said Ramit Kapoor with Disney.
Fireflies will move throughout the tree and bring the characters to life.
Guests will also see a new “Rivers of Light” experience. The attraction will be a light and water display that will bring animals and nature to life.
“Think animal imagery, water screens lighting, it’s really a celebration of animals and nature kind of coming together, something kind of majestic, very mysterious, there is something very magical about it and we like to say that the show is alive with magic,” said Kapoor.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- Police say Pinellas road rage incident led to stabbing
- Florida officer fired after being caught up in prostitution sting
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines