KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) – Does smoking cause fighting?
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said that it arrested a firefighter after he got in a fight over a cigarette.
Deputies responded Friday night to reports of a fight at the Looe Key Tiki Bar located about 30 miles (48 kilometers) east of Key West.
A man at the bar told deputies that Dustin Hunt attacked him after he refused to give him a cigarette. Hunt, who was in the parking lot, told authorities that the other man attacked him, but others at the bar said Hunt started it.
He was charged with charged with battery. Records show that Hunt was released from jail on Saturday.
Monroe County Fire Chief James Callahan was notified of the arrest and said in a statement “this type of behavior is not tolerated.”STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Pasco deputies capture wanted man known as ‘Bazooka Ricky’
- Boy dies after being shot by sibling in Bradenton
- Federal agencies demand records from SeaWorld theme park
- USF football player arrested for credit card fraud, theft
- Special guest to throw out Rays first pitch Saturday
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay
- Which Tampa Bay area county is in the middle of a massive mosquito outbreak?