LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — It seems this love was too hot to handle.
Police in Lincoln say a 19-year-old woman sparked an apartment fire Monday by burning love letters from her ex in her bedroom.
Police say the woman used a butane torch to burn the letters and left some of them of the floor. She then went to another room to take a nap. Police say she awoke a short time later to find the carpet on fire.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within minutes. Officials say the fire caused an estimated $4,000 in damage to the building. No one was injured.
The woman was cited for negligent burning.
- Phase 2: Florida bars and movie theaters can reopen today
- Police: 1 killed in early-morning crash on Kennedy Boulevard
- Twitter disables Trump campaign’s George Floyd video tribute
- Police: Parents, 4 kids found dead in garage in San Antonio
- Tampa police pepper spray crowd after woman allegedly tries to hit them with umbrella