LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — It seems this love was too hot to handle.
Police in Lincoln say a 19-year-old woman sparked an apartment fire Monday by burning love letters from her ex in her bedroom.
Police say the woman used a butane torch to burn the letters and left some of them of the floor. She then went to another room to take a nap. Police say she awoke a short time later to find the carpet on fire.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within minutes. Officials say the fire caused an estimated $4,000 in damage to the building. No one was injured.
The woman was cited for negligent burning.
- School district warns parents of drugs found disguised as popular lunch item
- Defense expert: Floyd died from heart trouble, not restraint
- Missing Child Alert issued for Florida girl, 1
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Warm and breezy today; rainy days ahead
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices