FREDERICKSBURG, VA (WCMH) — A woman is recovering after she was bitten three times by a copperhead snake while eating in a Virginia restaurant.
“Everything is swollen,” Rachel Myrick told WTVR about her injuries from the snake bite.
Myrick said as she was walking into the Longhorn Steakhouse restaurant on Tuesday, Sept. 12, she felt what she thought was a bee sting on her left foot.
By the time she realized what happened, the snake had bitten her two more times. “I reached down and grabbed my foot because of the amount of pain and under my fingers felt it wiggle,” she said.
Her boyfriend and 13-year-old son stomped on the snake to kill it after it attacked, but the damage had been done. Myrick spent the next five days in the hospital receiving anti-venom.
Myrick will have to spend months recovering, but she’s trying to stay positive.
Longhorn Steakhouse released a statement saying they are looking into what happened, and taking steps to prevent it from happening again.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Search underway for endangered woman after empty car found on Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- WATCH: Trump says protesting players in NFL should be fired
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers react to President Trump’s comments on NFL players
- VIDEO: Pasco mom, daughter accused of beating driver unconscious in road-rage encounter
- Toddler shoots 2-year-old sister in head with BB gun in Martin Co.
- VIDEO: Erratic driver caught on camera trying to run woman over
- A guide to FEMA aid for Hurricane Irma victims