(KXAN/CNN) — Earlier this week, a contestant on TBS’ game show “Wipeout” died hours after completing an obstacle course, according to CNN.
Sources close to production tell CNN the man received on-site emergency medical attention, but later died. The sources say “Wipeout” contestants must complete physical examinations before entering the competition — and were tested for COVID-19 this year.
In a statement, the show’s production company, Endemol Shine North America said: “We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and our thoughts are with them at this time.”
“Wipeout” halted production the rest of the week but will resume after Thanksgiving.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- California imposes new virus rules based on ICU capacity
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 10,870 new cases, highest single-day increase since July 25
- Wisconsin high court declines to hear Trump election lawsuit
- Video captures jet skier rescuing trapped dolphin in Biscayne Bay
- ‘Hero’ police K9 recovering after being shot by suspect in Phoenix