(WTVO) — The world’s largest retailer is facing a shopper boycott after it was revealed Wednesday that Walmart doesn’t pay its staff extra to work the holidays.
Instead, the store offers employees who have to work 10% and 15% discounts, according to The Guardian. And the 15% discount is only available for two days.
“We simplified our paid time-off policies in 2016 to combine vacation, holiday, sick and personal time into one bucket. We did this to give our associates greater flexibility and more choice to use their time off when and how they want to. As part of this change, we no longer pay holiday pay. Associates can now cash out any unused PTO at the end of the year,” according to a Walmart spokesperson.
Shoppers are threatening a Walmart boycott:
- Trump gives credence to false, racist Harris conspiracy
- ‘Teachers are in tears’ Hillsborough educator terrified about upcoming school year
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Kansas City mayor extends mask order until January 2021
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask