(KLFY) – Walmart stores updated its response to the coronavirus pandemic by creating one-way aisles to encourage social distancing.
The single direction aisles are designed to increase social distancing, Walmart announced.
“One-way aisles are designed to increase social distancing and give customers more space on each aisle.”
The new measure starts beginning of May at all Walmart stores.
New floor decals will be put in place to help indicate the correct traffic flow, Walmart announced.
Green “shop this way” decals indicate you are traveling in the right direction. Red, “do not shop this way” decals indicate you are traveling in the wrong direction and must turn around.
Publix also implemented one-way aisles to help promote social-distancing in early April.
*Editors Note: This story has been updated to stay the one-way aisles will be implemented at the start of May, not Thursday, April 23.*
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Pasco County COVID-19 vaccine registration opens 2 p.m. Sunday
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Variant strain of COVID-19 detected in Hillsborough County, infectious disease doctor says
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 12,311 new cases; total hospitalizations surpass 70K