TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – What could make a night at the theater more endearing? How about seats filled with dogs?
It happened in Canada for a performance of “Billy Elliot: The Musical.”
The pups were treated to the outing as part of their training to become service dogs.
Sitting calmly in a theater with human handlers helps prepare them for what their new owners might need them to do.
It takes two years for the dogs to complete their training — which also includes trips to the zoo, subways, and crowded fairs.
The dogs don’t have to actually pay attention to the stage to pass — but some of them did, anyway!
The theater says the dogs are welcome to come back any time.
- By the Numbers: Deadly crash involving school bus in Brooksville rare, but not unusual
- National Winnie the Pooh Day celebrates author’s 137th birthday
- Lottery ticket purchased in Largo wins $205k
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Last warm and dry day before turning much colder
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game