(NBC) – Video appears to show President Donald Trump at a Super Bowl watch party on Sunday pretending to conduct the band as the national anthem played.
The Miami Herald first reported the video, which it said was an Instagram video. The Instagram “story” has since expired, as they typically last only 24 hours.
The video appears to show Trump standing during the anthem and gesturing as though he were conducting a band. Trump remains standing in the video shown by the Herald.
Trump has in the past criticized NFL players who kneel during the anthem as disrespectful, including in 2018 when he said, “You have to stand proudly for the national anthem, or you shouldn’t be playing, you shouldn’t be there. Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country.”
- Walmart requiring vaccination, masks for many employees
- Electric cable left above ground in Clearwater now buried after residents turn to Better Call Behnken
- $500 reward offered for information on shooter after deer found with arrow through neck
- Planet Oat Celebrates National Ice Cream Month
- Woman stuffs keys into her mouth after telling officer she wasn’t driving, police say