(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – It was a busy holiday weekend for air travel.
The Transportation Security Administration said it screened almost a million people on Friday, a record high since the coronavirus pandemic began.
In comparison, they saw double that number the year before.
The TSA said it saw less people on Saturday, only about half a million people traveled that day.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- 30-year-old Manatee County school employee dies from COVID-19
- No, vaccine side effects don’t tell you how well your immune system will protect you from COVID-19
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 4,237 new cases, 32 new deaths
- Flyer says she was not allowed on AA flight because mask was see-through
- Fauci hints coronavirus policy on face masks may change