WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says the NFL should suspend Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch.
Lynch sat during most of the U.S. anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem before Sunday’s game against the Patriots at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.
Lynch hasn’t stood for the national anthem since returning from retirement this season.
Trump tweeted early Monday: “Great disrespect! Next time NFL should suspend him for remainder of season. Attendance and ratings way down.”
Former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started the movement last season when he refused to stand during the anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Plane caught on camera crashing on Clearwater road
- WATCH: Beloved Florida eagles Harriet, M15 incubating new egg
- Florida couple finds dead frog in Waffle House water glass
- FHP troopers to begin patrols in Seminole Heights today
- Sentencing phase begins in Adam Matos quadruple murder case