PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) — A Trolls doll is being pulled off store shelves amid complaints it promotes child abuse.
Toymaker Hasbro said Wednesday that it’s in the process of removing the “Trolls World Tour Giggle and Sing Poppy” from the market and will be offering customers a replacement doll of the popular female character.
The doll had been designed to giggle when placed in a sitting position, but some parents complain the sound activation button is inappropriately placed between the doll’s legs.
An online petition suggests the doll is “conditioning our children to think pedophilia is OK.”
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Pinellas County leaders enhance safety protocols for large community events amid pandemic
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- Dr. Fauci resumes coronavirus briefings at White House under Biden administration
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip